Approval Process for New Websites
All new CSU websites are required to be compliant with WCAG 2.0 AA standards. This requires a partnership between web developers who create templates and web content editors who add new content to sites. Accessibility testing should happen all throughout the process of website creation. If you wait until the end to check for accessibility, you may find that you have to redo significant portions of your website.
- Automated Testing: The WAVE Tool, SiteImprove or Monsido
- Manual Testing (Use the testing guide)
- Submit the Website Approval Checklist to initiate evaluation by the Web Accessibility Sub-Committee
Caution to WordPress Users
- Plugins and widgets can cause accessibility issues if used incorrectly
- Test each page for accessibility as you add plugins or widgets that introduce interactive elements such as photo sliders, videos, etc.
- If you discover issues with how the content works, ask for help. An alternative method of presenting the content may need to be found.