- Canvas has a VPAT that they make publically available, describing where the product is in regard to web accessibility standards.
- Canvas has an Accessibility Group comprised of users from participating institutions. The group actively tests the system for issues.
- Users can also submit tickets directly to Canvas if they run into accessibility problems. Click on the Help link in the main menu within Canvas to report a problem.
- Information on how to navigate Canvas using a screen reader is available on Accessibility Within Canvas. This page also describes the accessibility features of the various components of Canvas.
Formatting Course Content to be Accessible
- For tips on how to format content within Canvas, see their General Accessiiblity Design Guidelines.
- Also consider the accessibility of other electronic content that you upload or link to from Canvas (e.g., Word, PDF, PPT, Multimedia).